Beechwood Swim School is committed to a learning environment in which all adults and children participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience. In order to achieve this Beechwood agrees to:
Recognise that everyone participating in swimming lessons (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in swimming in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
1. Adopt and implement a) STA Swimming Teaching Code of Practice 2016 in full and/or b) ASA Wavepower 2016-19 Policy in full.
2. Ensure that those individuals, who work with Beechwood provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for all participants.
3. Appoint a Child Safety Officer - The Safety Officer, with the necessary skills and training via the STA who will be responsible for all child
safeguarding matters raised within the swim school.
4. The contact details of Child Safety Officer will be sent electronically to all those involved with swimming lessons at the swimming pool venue.
5. The Child Safety Officer to be available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal with such concerns appropriately and in line with all current industry STA/ASA best practice.
6. Ensure all individuals who work with children and vulnerable adults have undertaken the appropriate training and Police checks and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children as outlined in all current industry STA/ASA best practice.
7. Ensure that all individuals who will be working with children in swimming lessons have been recruited in accordance with the Beechwood safe recruiting policy.
8. Ensure that all individuals who work with children teaching swimming lessons have the appropriate training and codes of conduct and good
practice in line with their teaching qualification and awarding body.
9. Provide everyone associated with the Beechwood swim school with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner regarding a child's welfare.
10. Ensure that all safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with reporting and action in STA Swimming Teaching Codes of Practice 2016 or ASA Wavepower 2016-19.
11. Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child.
12. Ensure all papers relating to child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.